TERMS & CONDITIONS: for the purchase of physical bullion, via website, telephone or in person for delivery. Purchases can be made over the counter, by telephone 1300 201 112 (International + 61 8 9421 7218), or online at www.perthmintbullion.com. The Perth Mint reserves the sole right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time, and encourages you to review them periodically. Please note the following terms and conditions do not apply to customers of The Perth Mint Certificate Program (PMCP), Perth Mint Depository Program (PMDP), Perth Mint Depository Online (PMDOL) and Perth Mint Gold (PMG) the ASX gold-quoted product. TERMS & CONDITIONS Effective September 2016 TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASING
Bank Details – Australian Dollars:
- Metal Purchase. Precious metal is purchased on the customer’s behalf and the metal price fixed at the time a customer order is placed either online via the website, via telephone, over-the-counter at The Perth Mint, or by pressing the final ‘Submit Order’ button in the checkout within the website www.perthmintbullion.com.
- Binding Contract. A binding contract to purchase exists once the customer agrees the price and places the buy order - either verbally by telephone, in person, or online via the ‘I accept the Terms and Conditions’ check box and the ‘Submit Order’ button. At this time, the customer assumes all price exposure risk on the goods. A copy of the completed Order & Contract Confirmation is immediately emailed or faxed to the customer. When placing telephone orders, customers are asked to sign and return this document within one hour to verify receipt. The contract to purchase is legally binding notwithstanding the non-return of this document.
- Payment. Full payment in the specified currency is due within 2 business days of placing an order. When an order is placed the metal price is then locked in and fixed, and payment is expected by The Perth Mint within 2 business days of placement of the order. In addition such funds need to be cleared subject to the clearance period applicable to the corresponding payment methods listed in 4 below. Non-payment of any order will result in cancellation of the contract and recovery of all costs from the customer – see ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’ clause below. Orders up to AUD 60,000 can be placed online. Orders over AUD 60,000 must be done via telephone or in person at The Perth Mint Shop. A 10% deposit in cleared funds is required for orders over AUD 100,000 prior to placing the order which fixes the metal price. For orders of AUD 2,000,000 or more full payment in cleared funds must be received prior to placing an order which fixes the metal price. All payments must originate from the verified customer’s bank account which displays the same name as that in which the Perth Mint bullion account was opened. No delivery of physical bullion will be made until full payment is received from the customer into The Perth Mint’s nominated bank account as cleared funds.
- Payment Methods:
Under no circumstances can debit cards be used as a Payment Method for phone and online transactions.
- Telegraphic Transfer (TT), Wire Transfer – clearance period 2 working days.
- BPay (Australia only) – clearance period 2 working days - Biller Code: 24554. Your Reference Number will be quoted on your contract.
- Direct Bank Account Deposit - clearance period 7 working days.
- Credit Card - for orders of bullion products made on the telephone for less than AUD 5,000. Payments will be debited from your credit card immediately. The credit card must be current and in the name of the customer. Credit card and handling fees apply at the rate of 3%.
- Cheque/Money Order/Bank Cheque - clearance period 7 working days – Australia Only.
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) – clearance is immediate. RTGS is only accepted on orders over the counter. Any bank fees associated with payments are to be borne by the customer.
- All cheque types maximum value accepted AUD 10,000 (Australian Dollars only).
- The Sales Order number must be quoted as a reference when transferring or depositing funds so we can identify your payment and ensure that your funds are allocated correctly.
- The Perth Mint is not liable for any delays in receipt of customer’s funds into its bank account or lack of notification thereof.
- Customer Identification. Under The Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, The Perth Mint is required to be able to appropriately identify customers buying bullion products for orders valued at AUD 5,000 or more. All customer transactions for the sale of bullion products, either over the counter, over the phone or online, may result in a request to provide appropriate identification (ID) documents prior to the commencement of trade. Individual customers wishing to place orders on The Perth Mint Bullion website - www.perthmintbullion.com, for AUD 5,000 or more, must provide appropriate certified / notarised ID documents when setting up their account. Individual online trading customers in Australia are required to present their ID documents at an Australia Post branch for verification. Companies, other legal entities and individuals based outside Australia, must submit certified / notarised ID documents by mail for verification. Full details of the required customer ID documents and certification / notarisation methods are specified on the Customer Identification Documents webpage Schedule of ID Requirements. The Perth Mint reserves the right to request additional customer identification information, at its discretion. Certified ID documents including the certifier’s original signature must be posted to The Perth Mint, Attn: Bullion Desk, PO Box 6297, East Perth, Australia WA 6892.
- Pricing. All prices quoted on The Perth Mint Bullion website are updated only during The Perth Mint business hours from Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays). These prices are indications of The Perth Mint’s retail prices and are not firm commitments to buy or sell at the indicated price. Prices will be confirmed at the time of purchase on checking of the ‘Submit Order’ button. The Perth Mint cannot accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result of any action of any kind taken by any person based on this pricing information and reserves the right to decline any trade involving without limitation pricing or inventory errors caused by computer errors or malfunctions. Combined per unit prices quoted are made up of the metal content at the prevailing Perth Mint spot price plus manufacturing premium. The applicable metal price is noted on the Order & Contract Confirmation. As metal is purchased on the customer’s behalf on placement of an order, fixing of the metal price in advance of payment is offered as a service to buyers on condition that all Terms & Conditions are met. The Perth Mint reserves the right to require full or part payment prior to fixing the price, as it sees fit.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST). GST is not charged on Bullion whether sold in Australia or overseas. For sales in Australia, GST is charged on freight and insurance. For sales overseas, where the product is exported, GST is not charged on freight and insurance, except if the products are not exported within 60 days of order.
- Deliveries in Australia:
- Orders under AUD 30,000 are delivered by TOLL Priority courier to most major centres. Some remote locations may require collection from the nearest depot. Photographic ID (passport or driver's license) and signature from the person receiving the parcel are required for all deliveries. Only the customer or a person appointed by the customer at time of order will be able to receive the parcel. The Perth Mint will notify customers via email when the order has been despatched, along with a website link and tracking number. Delivery "normally" takes place within 1-3 days of despatch, however may take longer due to circumstances beyond our control. If the person shown on the documents is not available to receive your parcel, a courier card with contact details will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item within 7 days free of charge. If no action is taken after this period, the items will be returned to The Perth Mint and will incur return freight fees which will be the customer's responsibility. Additional fees will be incurred for a new delivery.
- Claims for non-delivery or lost goods. A signed acceptance of delivery by the customer or nominated representative will be deemed as completed delivery. Any claim for non-delivery or lost goods must be made within 3 working days of despatch. The Perth Mint will not accept any claim for 'lost' or 'missing' parcels if the member has requested or provided the carrier with an 'Authority to Leave' instruction.
- For delivery purposes, the packed weight of a bullion order is estimated as the unpacked weight plus 20% for packaging. We do not offer refunds if freight is lower than the estimated rate.
- Orders over AUD 30,000 are delivered by Secure Carrier. The Secure carrier will contact the customer to arrange delivery. Photographic ID (passport or driver's license) and signature from the person receiving the parcel are required for all deliveries. Only the customer or a person appointed by the customer at time of order will be permitted to receive the parcel. Orders sent by Secure Carrier are only delivered to verified business addresses, and under no circumstances will delivery be made to residential addresses including any business being conducted from a residential location or any post office box address. If the customer appoints a representative to accept delivery on their behalf then the representative's full name and telephone number must be provided to The Perth Mint in writing in advance of the delivery date. Photographic ID and signature also applies to this person. Secure carriers reserve the right to decline a delivery if the business is deemed to be in a high risk area. In some instances, if a business delivery address is not available, self-collection from a Secure Carrier depot may be possible subject to prior approval. The customer must take delivery (or collect) any orders transported via Secure Carrier within 3 days from first point of contact. If not then storage fees, which will be the customers responsibility, will apply up to a maximum of 10 days after which goods will be returned and additional fees will apply. If a customer commits to a delivery or collection window and is not available at the agreed time, further fees, for which the customer is responsible, also apply.
- International Deliveries:
- Orders under AUD 30,000 are delivered by FedEx door-to-door to most major centres. The signature of the person receiving the parcel is required for all deliveries. The Perth Mint will notify customers via email when the order has been despatched, along with a website link and FedEx tracking number. A signature from the person receiving the parcel is required for all deliveries. If no person is available to receive your parcel, a card with contact details will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item within 7 days. If no action is taken after this period, the parcel may be returned to The Perth Mint and it will incur return freight fees and other government charges, which will be the customer’s responsibility. Additional fees will be incurred for a new delivery. Delivery to certain international destinations shall be contingent on arrangements made between The Perth Mint and our preferred service provider for that region. We reserve the right to change our choice of carrier without notice. FedEx deliveries to Europe and the Middle East, with the proviso that a total order value of AUD 2,500 or more can only be delivered to a business address. Failure to provide a business name and address at the time of order may result in a delay in your order being processed or being delivered to and held at a FedEx location for collection, which may not necessarily be convenient to you. If a business address cannot be provided contact Customer Service on +61 8 9421 7218, or by email at email@example.com. Home-based businesses in residential areas do not constitute a business address for this type of delivery.
• Claims for non-delivery or lost goods. A signed acceptance of delivery at the customer’s nominated address will be deemed as completed delivery. Any claim for non-delivery or lost goods must be made within 10 working days of despatch. The Perth Mint will not accept any claim for ‘lost’ or ‘missing’ parcels where the customer has requested or provided the carrier with an ‘Authority to Leave’ instruction.
• For delivery purposes, the packed weight of a bullion order is calculated on an individual basis.
- Orders over AUD 30,000 will need to be delivered by Secure Carrier. Such deliveries are arranged on a case by case basis. The Perth Mint customer service team will liaise with the customer to determine the requirements for each delivery and provide a specific quote and delivery details. Customer Service contact details, telephone: +61 8 9421 7218, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Import Charges & Taxes: Prices do not include overseas customs duties, foreign taxes or any other costs which may be associated with clearing goods through local customs. These fees are the sole responsibility of the customer, as is acquiring import licenses (if necessary) and assisting local authorities with any information required for formal customs clearance in the county of destination. We strongly recommend that you check with your local customs office for further information. Should the customer refuse to provide the required Customs documentation prior to delivery or refuse delivery due to Customs duties, taxes or fees and the parcel is returned to The Perth Mint, all costs associated with the return will be borne by the customer.
- Australian Customers are offered insurance on payment of an optional premium, up to the value of AUD 60,000 and to a maximum of AUD 30,000 per shipment per day where no single item exceeds AUD 30,000. If any one item exceeds AUD 30,000 you must use the services of a Secure Carrier. Customers opting to decline the optional insurance must check the appropriate Insurance Waiver liability acceptance button during the website checkout process or sign and return a Delivery Liability Waiver on the Order & Contract Confirmation. Where the customer declines The Perth Mint insurance option the customer is fully liable for loss of delivery for any reason and the onus of taking out any separate insurance for the delivery rests entirely with the customer.
- International Customers are offered insurance on payment of an optional premium; up to the value of AUD 30,000. Customers opting to decline the optional insurance must check the appropriate Insurance Waiver liability acceptance button during the website checkout process or sign and return a Delivery Liability Waiver on the Order and Contract Confirmation. The acceptance of Insurance Waiver liability in checkout or the return of a signed Delivery Liability Waiver is acceptance that The Perth Mint is not liable for any loss during transit. Where the customer declines The Perth Mint insurance option the customer is fully liable for loss of delivery for any reason and the onus of taking out any separate insurance for the delivery rests entirely with the customer.
- Despatch: The Perth Mint will endeavour to despatch orders within 3 working days of receipt of cleared payment - see Terms and Conditions (Section 4) for further information. During periods of high demand, delivery delays may occur. The Perth Mint accepts no liability in the event of a delayed delivery.
- Contract Completion Guarantee. All applicants registering to buy online at www.perthmintbullion.com must provide a ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’ with the provision of the customer’s credit card, on registration and when placing the order. A process called pre-authorisation will be conducted for every credit card transaction to provide increased protection against fraudulent activity. Pre-authorisation is not a charge, it’s simply a validation of the credit card and is an indication to The Perth Mint that prior to the acceptance of an order placed by the customer and fixing of the price by The Perth Mint, the card will accept charges from The Perth Mint. A successful pre-authorisation in the amount of AUD 1 is required when adding/updating your credit card information. Your credit card provider will automatically reverse the pre-authorisation within 2-5 business days. The credit card provided for this Contract Completion Guarantee is not authorised for any other charge or payment. The credit card must be current and in the name of the buyer. In the event of non-completion of the terms of the Order & Contract Confirmation by the customer resulting in the cancellation of the contract, an administration fee of AUD 150 plus any losses incurred by The Perth Mint in the liquidation of metal held on behalf of the customer, will be charged to the credit card. Any gains resulting from liquidation of metal will not be remitted to the customer.
- Maximum Liability of The Perth Mint. The maximum liability of The Perth Mint to the customer at any time, provided only to the extent that The Perth Mint is at fault, is limited to the price the customer paid for the specific order. Under no circumstances will The Perth Mint be liable to the customer for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of revenue or loss of profits, loss of reputation or loss of goodwill, or delay in delivery of the order, or any increased costs incurred by the customer arising from any provision of these Terms and Conditions including without limitation loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of any investment decision which resulted from formulating and acting upon any material on this website, even if The Perth Mint has been advised of the possibility of such liability or foresaw or could have foreseen such liability, and notwithstanding whether such liability arises in contract, tort, statute, equity or otherwise.
- Deposits. Orders over AUD 100,000 or equivalent currency value require the payment of a 10% deposit in cleared funds prior to the fixing of prices and acceptance of the order, and must be placed via telephone or in person at The Perth Mint. A deposit may also be requested in other circumstances regardless of the order value, at The Perth Mint’s discretion.
- Returns. No returns of Bullion are accepted. Any shipment of bullion returned to The Perth Mint due to the customer's refusal to accept delivery or the customer not being available for delivery, will remain the responsibility and cost of the customer, and will not be accepted as a return of product under any circumstances.
- Buy-back. The buy-back of undelivered bullion may be undertaken only if the original purchase has not been despatched and has been paid in full with cleared funds (a delay of up to 7 working days may apply from initial receipt of client payment).
- Trading Hours. Trading hours applicable online at www.perthmintbullion.com are normal Perth Mint trading hours of 8.30am to 4.00pm Perth time (AWST) Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Orders for bullion will be accepted by telephone between the same hours (telephone orders require the return of the signed Order & Contract Confirmation by 5.00pm).
Please transfer the contract amount in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD)
, quoting the order number. Payment to this account will not be accepted in any other currency.
Account Name: GOLDCORP AUSTRALIA
Bank: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION
BSB: 036 000
Account: 810 403
Customers outside Australia
require the following additional Bank details:
Bank Identifier Code: WPACAU2F
Bank Address: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION PERTH WA 6000 AUSTRALIA
In using this website you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration/checkout form for your account information and (b) maintain and promptly update that information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current and future use of this website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Any conduct by you that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this website will not be permitted. You may view, download, and print material on this website for non-commercial personal use only. Otherwise, you may not publicly display, perform, transmit, list, modify, reproduce, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, make derivative works from, upload or otherwise use any of this website's content or the selection, arrangement or coordination of its content.
You may not transmit, post, or distribute anything that is obscene, libellous, abusive, vulgar, threatening, discourteous or otherwise objectionable, violates any law or rights of any party, or a virus or other harmful material. Users are solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of rights or other harm resulting from such submissions.
You may not use this website for trading, sales or commercial purposes other than for making purchases from The Perth Mint.
Termination of Use
We may terminate your access, or suspend your access without any liability to you whatsoever to all or part of the website, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a third-party Provider, Merchant, Sponsor, Licensor, service provider, or us.
Ownership of the website and its material
This website is owned and operated by The Perth Mint. All material, including internet pages, documents and on-line graphics, audio and video, are protected by laws relating to intellectual property. The material is solely owned by The Perth Mint, its licensors, and other third-party licensors. You are free to copy material on this website for non-commercial and personal use only and any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968. No part may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purposes without the written permission of The Perth Mint.
Enquiries should be directed to Alex Lucchesi, Public Relations Manager, email@example.com GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS Security and Privacy
The website www.perthmintbullion.com
employs various security procedures including but not limited to: identity verification, address checking, computer IP address verification and credit card screening. All telephone orders are recorded. The Perth Mint is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information it collects and receives. For more information please refer to our Privacy and Security Statement
The Perth Mint does not provide financial, legal, investment or taxation advice. Customers should consult their own advisors for guidance and recommendations on these issues. Material on this website is purely for informational purposes, and there is no intention to provide any advice whatsoever to any person, and should not be used as a substitute for professional or industry advice. No reliance whatsoever should be based on any material on this website by any person in formulating any investment decision. The Perth Mint is committed to quality service to its customers and makes every attempt to ensure accuracy, currency and reliability of the data contained in these documents. However, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may affect the quality of this information.
Material accessible from any websites cross referenced in no way implies that The Perth Mint recommends or endorses the material contained in those websites cross referenced. The Perth Mint has no control over the content or material accessible on any websites cross-referenced. Accordingly, it is the responsibility of internet users to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those websites.
The Perth Mint has a formal complaints procedure and any complaints should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply will be sent notifying you of what action is being taken and when it will be resolved.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and all parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia and courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts.