Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
: for the purchase of physical bullion:
1. Bullion Purchase.
- online at www.perthmintbullion.com by selecting the ‘I accept the Terms and Conditions’ check box and the ‘Submit Order’ button; or
- by telephone 1300 201 112 (International + 61 8 9421 7218); or
- over-the-counter at The Perth Mint,
each a (“Purchase Method”)
Gold Corporation (trading as The Perth Mint) “The Perth Mint” purchases bullion on the customer’s behalf and the price fixed at the time a customer order is placed with The Perth Mint using a Purchase Method.
2. Binding Contract. A binding contract to purchase bullion exists if the customer agrees the price and places a buy order using a Purchase Method. The customer assumes all price movement risk following their purchase of bullion. A completed Order & Contract Confirmation, including payment details, is immediately emailed or faxed to the customer upon placement of the order. The Customer must advise immediately on receiving the Order & Contract Confirmation if any details are incorrect.
3. Payment. The Customer must make full payment to The Perth Mint within 2 business days of placing an order. The full payment is subject to the clearing time applicable to the corresponding payment methods listed in clause 4 below. The failure by a Customer to pay for an order will result in cancellation of the contract and recovery of all costs from the customer in accordance with clause 13 ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’. The maximum online bullion order is AUD 60,000, orders over AUD 60,000 must be via telephone or in person at The Perth Mint Shop. A 10% deposit in cleared funds is required for orders over AUD 100,000 prior to placing the order which fixes the bullion price. The Perth Mint must receive full payment in cleared funds for orders of AUD 2,000,000 or more prior to placing an order which fixes the bullion price. All payments must originate from the verified customer’s bank account which displays the same name as that in which the Perth Mint bullion account was opened. The Perth Mint will not deliver any bullion until full payment is received from the customer in cleared funds.
4. Payment Methods & Clearing time: For a list of payment methods and clearing times please see our Support page
All cheque types: maximum value accepted AUD 10,000 (Australian Dollars only).
The Sales Order number must be quoted as a reference when transferring or depositing funds so we can identify your payment and ensure that your funds are allocated correctly.
The Perth Mint is not liable for any delays in receipt of customer’s funds into its bank account or lack of sufficient details to identify the payment.
5. Customer Identification.
The Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 requires The Perth Mint to appropriately identify customers with orders of AUD 5,000 or more. All customer transactions for the sale of bullion products, either over the counter, over the phone or online, may result in a request to provide appropriate identification documents (ID) prior to the completion of the purchase. Customers placing orders on The Perth Mint Bullion website - www.perthmintbullion.com
, for AUD 5,000 or more, must provide appropriate certified / notarised ID when setting up their account. Individual online trading customers in Australia are required to present their ID documents at an Australia Post branch for verification. Companies, other legal entities and individuals based outside Australia, must submit certified / notarised ID documents by mail for verification. Full details of the required customer ID and certification / notarisation methods are specified on the Customer Identification Documents webpage Schedule of ID Requirements
. The Perth Mint reserves the right to request additional customer ID, at its discretion. Certified ID documents including the certifier’s original signature must be posted to The Perth Mint, Attn: Bullion Desk, PO Box 6297, East Perth, Australia WA 6892.
By you voluntarily providing the identification documentation (ID) to us, you confirm that you are authorised to do so, to enable us to verify your identity, and you consent to us disclosing personal information that you have provided to us to a third party for verification using their systems and services to obtain an assessment of whether that personal information matches information held by various government and other authorities and agencies for the purposes of compliance with Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing legislation, the result being a report provided by the third party as to the success of the Information Match results. The third party may give us a report on that assessment and to do so may access and use personal information about you held by various government and other authorities and use third party systems and services and you consent to such access. Alternative means of verifying you are available on request. If we are unable to verify your identity using information provided by you we will provide you with a notice to this effect and give you the opportunity to verify your identity using an alternative method acceptable to us. We will keep full and proper records of all disclosures, confirmations and consents connected with your personal information.
6. Pricing. All prices quoted on The Perth Mint Bullion website are updated only during The Perth Mint business hours from Monday to Friday (excluding Western Australia Public Holidays). The prices are indications of The Perth Mint’s retail prices and are not firm commitments to buy or sell at the indicated price. The Perth Mint will confirm the price to the customer at the time of purchase on selecting the ‘Submit Order’ button. The Perth Mint cannot accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result of any action of any kind taken by any person based on this pricing information and reserves the right to decline any trade involving without limitation pricing or inventory errors caused by computer errors or malfunctions. Combined per unit prices quoted are made up of the bullion content at the prevailing Perth Mint spot price plus manufacturing premium. The applicable bullion price is noted on the Order & Contract Confirmation. As bullion is purchased on the customer’s behalf on placement of an order, fixing of the metal price in advance of payment is offered as a service to buyers on condition that all Terms & Conditions are met. The Perth Mint reserves the right to require full or part payment prior to fixing the price, as it sees fit.
7. Goods and Services Tax (GST). GST is not levied on bullion sold in Australia or overseas. However, Australian domestic sales incur GST on freight and insurance. Overseas sales only incur GST if the bullion is not exported within 60 days of the order.
8. Deliveries in Australia: • Shipments under AUD 40,000
are delivered by general carriers and delivered to most Australian addresses. Some remote locations may require collection from the nearest depot. Photographic ID (passport or driver's license) and signature from the person receiving the parcel are required for all deliveries. Only the customer or a person appointed by the customer at time of order will be able to receive the parcel. The Perth Mint will notify customers via email when the order is despatched, along with a website link and tracking number. Delivery "normally" takes place within 1-3 days of despatch, however may take longer. If the customer as shown on the documents or the person appointed by the customer is not available to receive the parcel, a courier card with contact details will be left for the customer to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item within 7 days free of charge. If not collected within this period, the items are returned to The Perth Mint and will incur return freight fees which are the customer's responsibility, including additional fees for re-delivery. o Claims for non-delivery or lost bullion.
A signed acceptance of delivery by the customer or nominated representative will be deemed as completed delivery. Any claim for non-delivery or lost bullion must be made within 3 working days of despatch. The Perth Mint will not accept any claim for 'lost' or 'missing' bullion if the customer deviates from this standard delivery terms.
For delivery purposes, the packed weight of a bullion order is estimated as the unpacked weight plus 20% for packaging. No refunds if freight is lower than the estimated rate. • Shipments over AUD 40,000
are arranged on a case by case basis. The Perth Mint customer service team will liaise with the customer to determine the requirements for each delivery and provide a specific quote and delivery details. The carrier will contact the customer to arrange delivery. Photographic ID (passport or driver's license) and signature from the person receiving the parcel are required for all deliveries. Only the customer or a person appointed by the customer at time of order will be permitted to receive the parcel. Shipments over AUD 40,000 and under 70,000 can be delivered to business and residential addresses, shipments over 70,000 can only be delivered to verified business addresses or collected from carriers’ depots subject to prior approval, If the customer appoints a representative to accept delivery on their behalf then the representative's full name and telephone number must be provided to The Perth Mint in writing in advance of the delivery date. Photographic ID and signature also applies to this person. Carriers reserve the right to decline a delivery if the delivery address is deemed to be in a high risk area.
9. International Deliveries: • Shipments under AUD 30,000
are delivered by general carrier to most overseas addresses. The signature of the person receiving the bullion is required for all deliveries. The Perth Mint will notify customers via email when the order has been despatched, along with a website link and FedEx tracking number. A signature from the person receiving the bullion is required for all deliveries. If no person is available to receive your bullion, a card with contact details will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item within 7 days. If no action is taken after this period, the bullion may be returned to The Perth Mint and it will incur return freight fees and other government charges, which will be the customer’s responsibility. Additional fees will be incurred for a new delivery. Delivery to certain international destinations shall be contingent on arrangements made between The Perth Mint and our preferred service provider for that region. We reserve the right to change our choice of carrier without notice. Deliveries to some regions are subject to maximum value limits, see our Support
page for more details. Failure to provide a business name and address at the time of order may result in a delay in your order being processed or being delivered to and held at a FedEx location for collection, which may not necessarily be convenient to you. If a business address cannot be provided contact Customer Service on +61 8 9421 7218, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Home-based businesses in residential areas do not constitute a business address for this type of delivery. • Claims for non-delivery or lost bullion.
A signed acceptance of delivery at the customer’s nominated address will be deemed as completed delivery. Any claim for non-delivery or lost bullion must be made within 10 working days of despatch. The Perth Mint will not accept any claim for ‘lost’ or ‘missing’ parcels where the customer has requested or provided the carrier with an ‘Authority to Leave’ instruction.
For delivery purposes, the packed weight of a bullion order is calculated on an individual basis. • Shipments over AUD 30,000
will need to be delivered by Secure Carrier. Such deliveries are arranged on a case by case basis. The Perth Mint customer service team will liaise with the customer to determine the requirements for each delivery and provide a specific quote and delivery details. Customer Service contact details, telephone: +61 8 9421 7218, or email: email@example.com.
10. International Import Charges & Taxes. Prices do not include overseas customs duties, foreign taxes or any other costs which may be associated with clearing bullion through local customs. These fees are the sole responsibility of the customer, as is acquiring import licenses (if necessary) and assisting local authorities with any information required for formal customs clearance in the county of destination. We strongly recommend that you check with your local customs office for further information. Should the customer refuse to provide the required Customs documentation prior to delivery or refuse delivery due to Customs duties, taxes or fees and the parcel is returned to The Perth Mint, all costs associated with the return will be borne by the Customer. 11. Insurance:
• All Customers are offered insurance on payment of an optional premium. If any one item exceeds AUD 30,000 the customer must use the services of a Secure Carrier with which insurance is included. Customers opting to decline the optional insurance must select the appropriate Insurance Waiver liability acceptance button during the website checkout process or sign and return a Delivery Liability Waiver form. Where the customer declines The Perth Mint insurance option the customer is fully liable for loss of delivery for any reason and the onus of taking out any separate insurance for the delivery rests entirely with the customer. See the Support for more information. 12. Despatch:
The Perth Mint will endeavour to despatch orders within 3 working days of receipt of cleared payment - see Terms and Conditions (Section 4) for further information. During periods of high demand, delivery delays may occur. The Perth Mint accepts no liability in the event of a delayed delivery. 13. Contract Completion Guarantee.
All applicants registering to buy online at www.perthmintbullion.com
must provide a ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’ with the provision of the customer’s credit card, on registration and when placing the order. A process called pre-authorisation will be conducted for every credit card transaction to provide increased protection against fraudulent activity. The $0 pre-authorisation is simply a validation of the credit card and is an indication to The Perth Mint that prior to the acceptance of an order placed by the customer and fixing of the price by The Perth Mint, the card will accept charges from The Perth Mint. A successful pre-authorisation is required when adding/updating your credit card information. The credit card provided for this Contract Completion Guarantee is not authorised for any other charge or payment. The credit card must be current and in the name of the buyer. The Perth Mint will charge an administration fee of AUD 150 to the credit card of the customer plus any other losses incurred in the event of non-completion by the customer of the purchase. 14. Maximum Liability of The Perth Mint.
The maximum liability of The Perth Mint at any time, is limited to the price paid by the customer. Under no circumstances will The Perth Mint be liable to the customer for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of revenue or loss of profits, loss of reputation or loss of goodwill, or delay in delivery of the order, or any increased costs incurred by the customer, or loss or damage suffered by a customer as a result of any investment decision which results from acting upon any published material on The Perth Mint’s websites, even if The Perth Mint has been advised of the possibility of such liability or foresaw or could have foreseen such liability, and notwithstanding whether such liability arises in contract, tort, statute, equity or otherwise. 15. Deposits.
Orders over AUD 100,000 or equivalent currency value require the payment of a 10% deposit in cleared funds prior to the fixing of prices and acceptance of the order, and placed via telephone or in person at The Perth Mint. The Perth Mint reserves the right to request a deposit irrespective of the order value. 16. Returns.
No returns of Bullion are accepted. Any shipment of bullion returned to The Perth Mint due to the customer's refusal to accept delivery or the customer not being available for delivery, will remain the responsibility and cost of the customer, and will not be accepted as a return of product under any circumstances. 17. Buy-back.
The buy-back of undelivered bullion may be undertaken only if the original purchase has not been despatched and has been paid in full with cleared funds (a delay of up to 7 working days may apply from initial receipt of client payment). 18. Trading Hours.
Details of our standard trading hours can be found in Support
page. Bank Details – Australian Dollars:
Please transfer the contract amount in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD)
, quoting the order number. Payment to this account will not be accepted in any other currency.
Account Name: GOLDCORP AUSTRALIA
Bank: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION
BSB: 036 000
Account: 810 403
Customers outside Australia
require the following additional Bank details:
Bank Identifier Code: WPACAU2F
Bank Address: WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION PERTH WA 6000 AUSTRALIA
Version: August 2019